Monday, August 21, 2006

Pancake Goodness

I have a weakness for a steaming hot stack of pancakes and I've blogged my favorite recipe before.  However, I recently tried a recipe out of Everyday Food's from the How-To with Allie column.  I used the whole-grain & yogurt options and they were awesome.  Below is the recipe I used:
  1. 1/2 Cup whole-wheat flour
  2. 1/4 cup cornmeal
  3. 1/4 cup wheat germ
  4. 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  5. 2 teaspoons baking powder
  6. 2 tablespoons sugar
  7. 1/2 teaspoon salt
  8. 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
  9. 1/3 cup milk
  10. Oil for cooking

Preheat griddle to 325-350

  • Combine items 1 through 7 and whisk till blended.
  • Add items 8 and 9 and whisk gently till combined.
  • Put down a small pool of oil on the griddle and then a spoon the batter on too of the oil.
  • Cook until bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
  • Flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
Makes about six pancakes.  Don't underestimate these guys.  They are very filling!!





Technorati Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment