I have a weakness for a steaming hot stack of pancakes and I've blogged my favorite recipe before. However, I recently tried a recipe out of Everyday Food's from the How-To with Allie column. I used the whole-grain & yogurt options and they were awesome. Below is the recipe I used:
- 1/2 Cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- Oil for cooking
Preheat griddle to 325-350
- Combine items 1 through 7 and whisk till blended.
- Add items 8 and 9 and whisk gently till combined.
- Put down a small pool of oil on the griddle and then a spoon the batter on too of the oil.
- Cook until bubbly, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Flip and cook another 1 to 2 minutes.
Technorati Tags: pancakes, recipe, whole-wheat, everyday food